By D. Virgil Alfaro III MD, Peter E. Liggett MD, William F. Mieler MD, Hugo Quiroz-Mercado MD, Rama D. Jager MD MBA FACS, Yasuo Tano MD
A well known workforce of retina surgeons provides promising new advancements in age-related macular degeneration, with emphasis at the most important advances some time past 5 years. content material addresses all features of administration, together with anatomy, body structure, and pathophysiology; imaging of the macula in age-related macular degeneration; prevention measures and therapy; therapy; and destiny instructions. Abundantly illustrated and fantastically geared up, this ebook serves as a very good reference and textbook.
Read or Download Age-related macular degeneration : a comprehensive textbook PDF
Best geriatrics books
This publication brings jointly a number of the best researchers within the actively investigated box of oxidative tension, a space of research that is of significance to human health and wellbeing and affliction. It examines oxidative pressure in a number of types, at relaxation and after workout, in old and young. Key options of oxidative pressure, workout and getting older are provided in transparent and easy-to-understand phrases.
Taking good care of elders outdoors of associations is the quickest becoming zone folks well-being care. construction on their learn research on the Park Ridge heart, editors Holstein and Mitzen, including a workforce of specialists, study the complexities fascinated by constructing an ethics for community-based long term care.
This functional guide deals speedy and sound recommendation at the many matters confronted while dialyzing the older sufferer. it's authored by means of famous overseas specialists who've coated the entire diversity of finish degree renal problems together with treatment plans, sufferer administration and maximization of caliber of existence.
- Management of Cancer in the Older Patient
- Agitation in Patients with Dementia: A Practical Guide to Diagnosis and Management
- Evidence-Based Behavioral Health Practices for Older Adults: A Guide to Implementation
- Caloric restriction: a key to understanding and modulating aging
- Preoperative medical consultation
- Personality Disorders in Older Adults: Emerging Issues in Diagnosis and Treatment
Additional info for Age-related macular degeneration : a comprehensive textbook
85. Tabatabay CA, D'Amico DJ, Hanninen LA, et al. Experimental drusen formation induced by intravitreal aminoglycoside injection. Arch Ophthalmol. 1987;105:826-830. 86. Lullmann-Rauch R. Experimentally induced lipidosis in cat retinal pigment epithelium. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 1981;215:297-303. 56. Miller JW, Adamis AP, Shima DT, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor/vascular permeability factor is temporally and spatially correlated with ocular angiogenesis in a primate model. Am J Pathol.
Tano T, Takeahashi K, Ohkuma H, et al. Experimental choroidal neovascularization after intravitreal fibroblast injection. Am J Ophthalmol. 1981;92: 203-109. 94. Antoszyk A, Gottlieb J, Machemer R, et al. The effects of intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide on experimental pre-retinal neovascularization. Graefe's Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 1993;231:34-40. 95. Zhu ZR, Goodnight R, Sorgente N, et al. Experimental subretinal neovascularization in the rabbit. Graefe's Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 1989;227: 257-262.
2003;44:781-790. 77. Van der Schaft TL, de Bruijn WC, Mooy CM, et al. Basal laminar deposit in the aging peripheral human retina. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 1993;231:470-475. 48. Soubrane G, Cohen SY, Delayre T, et al. Basic fibroblast growth factor experimentally induced choroidal angiogenesis in the minipig. Curr Eye Res. 1994;13:183-195. 78. Ambati J, Anand A, Fernandez S, et al. An animal model of age-related macular degeneration in senescent Ccl-1- or Ccr-2- deficient mice. Nat Med.