By Alex C. Michalos
What makes humans chuffed or pleased with their lives or with specific positive aspects in their lives? In his try to solution those questions, the writer has utilized his a number of Discrepancies conception to check the delight and happiness of college undergraduates in 39 international locations. The undertaking goals to give an explanation for international pride and happiness in addition to delight in 12 domain names: overall healthiness, funds, family members kinfolk, paid employment, friendships, housing, residing companion, sport task, faith, vainness, transportation and schooling. The imminent volumes of this survey will current specific research for each area, nation and collage, for entire teams, men and women. The four-volume set provides an intensive photo of the relative delight and happiness of scholars within the world.
Read or Download Global Report on Student Well-Being: Life Satisfaction and Happiness PDF
Best international books
New perspectives on old texts: proceedings of the Tenth International Symposium of the Orion Center for the Study of the Dead Sea Scrolls and Associated Literature, 9-11January, 2005 (Studies on the texts of the Desert of Judah; Vol. 88)
This quantity offers new views at the historical texts stumbled on at Qumran. The essays provide clean insights into specific texts and genres, through making use of equipment and constructs drawn from different disciplines to the learn of the useless Sea Scrolls, and by way of exploring new in addition to long-standing concerns raised by way of those works.
This e-book constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the fifth overseas convention at the idea and alertness of Cryptographic suggestions in Africa, AFRICACRYPT 2011, held in Ifrane, Morocco, in July 2012. The 24 papers provided including abstracts of two invited talks have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from fifty six submissions.
This ebook constitutes the complaints of the sixth foreign Symposium on Algorithmic online game idea, SAGT 2013, held in Aachen, Germany, in October 2013. The 25 papers awarded during this quantity have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from sixty five submissions. They disguise numerous very important features of algorithmic video game thought, resembling resolution suggestions in online game concept, potency of equilibria and the cost of anarchy, computational features of equilibria and video game theoretical measures, repeated video games and convergence of dynamics, evolution and studying in video games, coordination and collective motion, community video games and graph-theoretic features of social networks, vote casting and social selection, in addition to algorithmic mechanism layout.
- Beyond Boundaries: Disciplines, Paradigms, and Theoretical Integration in International Studies
- Proceedings of the 37th International MATADOR Conference
- Being alive on land: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Adaptations to the Terrestrial Environment Held in Halkidiki, Greece, 1982
- Attention and Performance in Computational Vision: Second International Workshop, WAPCV 2004, Prague, Czech Republic, May 15, 2004, Revised Selected Papers
Additional info for Global Report on Student Well-Being: Life Satisfaction and Happiness
Okun, Stock, Haring and Witter (1984) reviewed 104 American studies mainly related to senior citizens and reported that health status explained from 8% to 14% of the variance in subjective well-being. Many studies have shown that job satisfaction has a significant positive impact on life satisfaction: Locke (1976); Orpen (1978), and Near, Rice and Hunt (1978). 33. 7 Discrepancy Theories Considering the wide variety of more or less developed theories that have appeared in the literature on satisfaction and happiness, one group has impressed me the most.
77. 59 must be regarded as fairly high and promising. Fordyce (1986, 1987, 1987a and 1988) developed two general measures of subjective well-being, a 2-item index called the Happiness Measures (HM) and an 80-item index called the Psychap Inventory. His reports give detailed results of literally thousands of correlations among his measures and a wide variety of psychological measures. Some of his results must be mentioned here in order to complete our overview. The two items of HM consist of an intensity measure in the form of an II-step happiness scale and a frequency measure in the form of an item asking respondents on average what percent of the time they feel happy, unhappy and neutral.
1059), Palys and Little found that "individuals high in life satisfaction were involved in less difficult and more enjoyable personal projects and also had less conflict between projects than did individuals low in life satisfaction". Emmons's research on 40 undergraduates produced similar results. People scoring high on the SWLS tended to have more consistent strivings than people scoring low. Earley and Kanfer (1985) found that the greater the congruence between the goals assigned and the goals preferred by their sample of 120 undergraduates, the greater the reported satisfaction with those goals.