By Eugène Chouraqui, Carlo Inghilterra (auth.), Jean-Marie Laborde (eds.)
This booklet is a completely revised outcome, up to date to mid-1995, of the NATO complex learn Workshop on "Intelligent studying Environments: the case of geometry", held in Grenoble, France, November 13-16, 1989. the most target of the workshop used to be to foster exchanges between researchers who have been serious about the layout of clever studying environments for geometry. the matter of scholar modelling used to be selected as a vital subject matter of the workshop, insofar as geometry can't be diminished to procedural wisdom and as the value of its complexity makes it of curiosity for clever tutoring procedure (ITS) improvement. The workshop focused round the following issues: modelling the data area, modelling scholar wisdom, layout ing "didactic interaction", and learner regulate. This ebook comprises revised models of the papers offered on the workshop. all the chapters that persist with were written via contributors on the workshop. every one shaped the root for a scheduled presentation and dialogue. Many are suggestive of analysis instructions that may be performed sooner or later. There are 4 major matters operating throughout the papers provided during this booklet: • wisdom approximately geometry isn't really wisdom concerning the actual international, and materialization of geometrical gadgets implies a reification of geometry that's amplified on the subject of its implementation in a working laptop or computer, considering gadgets will be manipulated at once and kinfolk are the result of activities (Laborde, Schumann). This element is easily exemplified through learn tasks concentrating on the layout of geometric microworlds (Guin, Laborde).
Read Online or Download Intelligent Learning Environments: The Case of Geometry PDF
Similar geometry books
Inside cognitive technological know-how, ways at the moment dominate the matter of modeling representations. The symbolic process perspectives cognition as computation concerning symbolic manipulation. Connectionism, a unique case of associationism, types institutions utilizing man made neuron networks. Peter Gardenfors bargains his concept of conceptual representations as a bridge among the symbolic and connectionist ways.
A compact survey, on the ordinary point, of a few of the main vital innovations of arithmetic. cognizance is paid to their technical gains, ancient improvement and broader philosophical value. all of the a variety of branches of arithmetic is mentioned individually, yet their interdependence is emphasized all through.
Der Goldene Schnitt tritt seit der Antike in vielen Bereichen der Geometrie, Architektur, Musik, Kunst sowie der Philosophie auf, aber er erscheint auch in neueren Gebieten der Technik und der Fraktale. Dabei ist der Goldene Schnitt kein isoliertes Phänomen, sondern in vielen Fällen das erste und somit einfachste nichttriviale Beispiel im Rahmen weiterführender Verallgemeinerungen.
This quantity derives from the second one Iberoamerican Congress on Geometry, held in 2001 in Mexico on the Centro de Investigacion en Matematicas A. C. , an across the world well-known software of study in natural arithmetic. The convention themes have been selected with an eye fixed towards the presentation of latest tools, contemporary effects, and the construction of extra interconnections among different learn teams operating in advanced manifolds and hyperbolic geometry.
- Calculus with analytic geometry
- Geometry and quantum field theory
- Recent developments in pseudo-Riemannian geometry
- Advances in Robot Kinematics and Computational Geometry
- An Intro. to Differential Geometry With Applns to Elasticity
- Geometry by Its History (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics)
Additional resources for Intelligent Learning Environments: The Case of Geometry
96. 97. 98. 99. 100. 101. 102. 103. 104. 105. O. il Introduction Learning environments, or mathematical microworlds, have been claimed to be the prime choice for supporting those learning processes which are aimed at understanding the properties of mathematical objects and the relationships between them which are so important in mathematics. The researcher can investigate such claims by observing the students understanding before and after the learning experience and draw general conclusions from his observations about the overall influence of the microworld.
Proceedings of the Eleventh International Conference for the Psychology of Mathematics Education, Vol. II (pp. 31-38). Montreal, Canada: Universite. Parzysz, Bernard (1988). "Knowing" vs "Seeing". Problems of the Plane Representation of Space Geometry Figures. Educational Studies in Mathematics 19(1),79-92. Schwartz, Judah (1996). This volume. Schwarz, Baruch, & Tommy Dreyfus (1993). Measuring integration of information in multirepresentational software. Interactive Learning Environments 3(3), 177-198.
4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. AAK DR S1M JMS AAN KD MC YPR AS 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. AK AN MSN VS RDP AAN RDD 10. 9 H H H H H H H H H H H H M H H M M M M comm. stage subtraction grouping II III II i ii G NP G NP NP 6 4 6 6 6 II i Iii 0 IV IV IV NP NP 0 G 0 G 0 NP iv 0 III IV IV iii III iv 1 4 1 1 2 2 1 1 1 6 1 6 34 R. Devi et al. 20. 2l. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 3l. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 4l. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 5l. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 6l.