By Idries Shah
With questions and examples, this paintings exhibits how conventional Sufi suggestions can unravel social, mental and non secular techniques. It deals the technique of ourselves and our associations in a brand new manner.
Read Online or Download Learning How to Learn: Psychology and Spirituality in the Sufi Way PDF
Best islam books
Эта книга Фархада Дафтари - первое всестороннее исследование, результат современных знаний западной науки об исмаилизме - второго по величине (после шиитов-двунадесятников) направления в шиитской ветви ислама. Исмаилитские группы существовали в разных странах под различными названиями. Основание халифата Фатимидов, которые выдавали себя за потомков имама Исмаила, привело к размежеванию между карматами и фатимидскими исмаилитами, под властью которых оказались Магриб, Египет, Сирия, Палестина и Хиджаз.
It's the responsibility of each Muslim, guy, lady, or baby to learn the Qur an and are aware of it in response to his personal ability. If anyone people attains to a few wisdom of figuring out of it by way of learn, contemplation, and the try out of lifestyles, either outward and inward, it's his accountability, in accordance with his skill, to train others, and percentage with them the enjoyment and peace which consequence from touch with the religious global.
Many Westerners view Islam as a faith that restricts and subordinates ladies in either deepest and public lifestyles. but a stunning variety of girls in Western Europe and the USA are changing to Islam. What draws those ladies to a trust procedure that's markedly diversified from either Western Christianity and Western secularism?
From 1884-1885, Christiaan Snouck Hurgronje stayed in Mecca. He grew to become in detail conversant in the way of life of the Meccans and the millions of pilgrims from worldwide.
- Sultans, Shamans, and Saints: Islam and Muslims in Southeast Asia
- Demystifying the Caliphate: Historical Memory and Contemporary Contexts
- Love's subtle magic : an Indian Islamic literary tradition, 1379-1545
- Islam: Questions And Answers - Character and Morals
- Toward an Islamic Enlightenment: The Gülen Movement
Extra info for Learning How to Learn: Psychology and Spirituality in the Sufi Way
So important is this lesson that it can be said to go before all others: in the sense that failure to know this can prevent you from learning more - and can leave you attached to the externals of hypocrites. This includes, of course, unconscious hypocrites. If the Sufis are right in their claim that time affects behaviour, and that personal appearance should change (and even temperament) then obviously all the people who cultivate a reverend appearance, and all those who acquire it, mistaking this for spirituality, are wrong.
2. Adopted by indoctrination or obsession. 3. Affected as a temporary or superficial measure to signal to those who can perceive only this aspect. The task of the teacher and the student is to get beyond the appearance as soon and as completely as possible. SERVICE It is on this subject that Saadi of Shiraz wrote the poem, in his Bostan, 'The Orchard': The Path is not other than the service of the people: It is not in the rosary, the prayer-rug and the dervish robe. 60 W H A T A S A I N T IS A N D DOES Saintlincss, which superficialists identify with what are too often superficial actions and appearance, lies, as Saadi reminds us, in the service of the people.
Now Shaqiq asked the Caliph to reflect why he valued his kingdom so highly, when it was something which could be given away in return for a drink of water, which itself does not stay with one. People assume, like the Caliph, that they have something of value and that by giving some of it away they can gain something of even greater value. They tend, too, to offer not what they have to get rid of, but something which they can give because they want to. Therein lies the genesis of trade, and a desirable thing it is, too - if confined to trade.